For inclusion in the Top 100 Asian Stars in UK Tech list, individuals must comply with the following:
1. They must reside predominantly in the UK and be of South Asian descent (i.e. those from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Mauritius, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and their descendents or any genealogical combination of these).
2. Each individual was assigned a primary category e.g. investor. A second category has been assigned where the individual has more than one role e.g. entrepreneur and investor. The categories are Accelerator, Incubator, Investor, Digital Influencer, Entrepreneur, Technologist, Social Entrepreneur, Venture Capital.
3. Each individual’s profile was developed based on:
• their level of seniority and reach within their organisation – for the purposes of this list I have only included CEO, CTO, CDO, CMO, COO or equivalent titles.
• their impact – this can either be based on number of ventures started, awards won, books and papers published, investment raised, exits achieved, people helped etc.
• their level of innovation – this is strength of their business idea or scope of their strategy or plan.
• their level of influence – this is a subjective criterion and would be determined by their public profile, social media followers, TED talks, podcasts, vodcasts, white papers, conference speeches, seminars hosted etc.
4. Individuals were then assessed from a longlist to a shortlist to a final list before being selected in the Top 5 categories of: Accelerators, Investors or Venture Capitalists grouped collectively as ‘Investors’, Digital Influencers and Technologists grouped collectively as ‘Digital Influencers’, Start-Ups, Social Entrepreneurs and Women.
5. Seven judges were asked to make their selections independently of each other with a casting vote by the Chair of the Judging Panel if required.
6. Judges were asked to declare any conflicts of interest and are excluded for consideration on the list.
7. The information for each individual has been compiled from published sources. Every possible effort has been made to ensure the information contained in this publication is accurate at the time of going to press. Notification of any errors, amendments or omissions can be sent via the Contact Us page.